Interesting facts about singing (Voice)
“Voice” is the sound or noise produced by the vibration or wave of your own vocal cords produced by air that is passing out through the larynx drawing the cords nearer to each other.Voice is an incredibly valuable thing and is commonly utilized form of communication and singing.singer’s vocal health is very important. After all, as a singer, your voice, and your entire body is your instrument! It just makes sense to completely understand how it operates, and how your vocal health affects your performance as a singer.
Interesting facts about singing (Voice):
1. If you take proper care of your voice (don’t smoke or drink often) and learn to sing correctly, you can do it none stop as much as you want without getting hoarse.
2. A normal person without extraordinary ability can sing two and a half octaves without any straining, breaking, or any weird noise.
3. The muscle of your neck, jaw, lips and tongue all work in collaboration for you to sing or speak. More than 100 muscles of your body all work collectively when you sing or speak a single phrase.
4. Being a good singer is not a born trait. Research shows that most ‘bad’ singers can discern musical notes well and they have vocals ranges similar to great singers.
5. The sounds of every individual are unique. Not only due to shape and size of their vocal chords but also because of the form and size of the rest part of the person’s body.
6. Less than 2 percent of the world people is tone deaf. It usually happens from a high childhood fever. If you cringe when you here a karaoke singer miss notes, or can’t endure a bad violin player, then you are not tone deaf. You just require some work putting together your ear with you vocal chords. It’s a somehow like rubbing your belly while tapping your head simultaneously.
7. You have two sets of muscles that control the vocal chords, one in front and one in the back that act like zippers to open or close the chords to make a particular pitch. The farther outside of you optimum pitch you go, the more gentle the balancing act between the two. That is where training comes in.
Finally, another fact, and the most important. Even a terrible singer can learn to sing quite beautifully with a little exercise and some perseverance. If you have perpetually wanted to train to sing than now is your chance to start. Do not wait another day pass for another excuse. Get started, and go for it.
Keep reading: “4 Vocal Techniques To A Better Voice”>>
Breathe life into your dream. It’s simple, go on and do it.
Try Willan’s music lessons to jumpstart your musical journey.
Getting Inspiration from the Greats
244 Madison Avenue Suite 171
New York, NY 10016