Have Fun Learning the Violin
The violin can be a huge challenge for a beginner to pick up from the start. A smoother road can be created, though. There are many ways to avoid having difficulties and being stuck in learning the instrument, but it involves ongoing dedication on the student’s part. Below are some suggestions to make practice fun again after being stuck.
1. It would be the ideal world whereby everybody becomes a masterful musician on any instrument that they prefer. However, the reality is that it can only be a result of a combination of factors including talent, hard work, discipline, and fun. It would be much more enjoyable if one concentrates on having fun while learning the violin instead of trying to be the next famous musician.
2. It cannot be said enough how important it is to work hard to achieve your goals. This applies equally to music. Do not skip any practice sessions and always focus on the end in mind if routinely becomes boring.
3. Many beginners do not pay enough attention to posture and technique. Some even develop bad habits from the start, which are difficult to correct later on in life. Do not fall into this trap and always spend the time to perfect how to hold the violin, the bow and other techniques like proper chin rest posture.
4. Try to avoid looking for short cuts in achieving results or breakthroughs. There is no quick way to being a master of the instrument. Other schools of thought that promote things like placing markers on the violin neck to memorize where to press the strings will lead you to develop a crutch regarding learning. The fruits of success will be sweeter if you do things the right way.
5. Proper maintenance and care of your violin and accessories are equally necessary. They can better to make learning easier and smoother. A poorly maintained violin might also lead to bad techniques developing.
6. When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The same applies to becoming proficient in any instrument. Always retain your self-belief and be positive about the results you will eventually get after hours of practice and determination. The violin can be tough to learn, but once you have done, so the rewards are beautiful.
Having a perfect journey throughout life is rare. Certainly, one cannot expect to be able to master the violin in a few short months. The tips above should help any student to keep things in perspective and minds focused. It is hoped that eventually, every beginner will be able to attain skill levels that they are happy with.
Keep reading: “Why learn scales on violin?”>>